WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Thursday 7 December 2017

Arctic Fun


Welcome to my blog, I can't believe that it's only 18 days until Christmas, oh where has 2017 gone to?
Today is the 7th day of Summer here in New Zealand and for early December we're having a heat wave, yesterday where we live it was 32c (89.6 f) which is very hot for this time of year.  We usually get the temperatures in January and February.  I hopped into my car yesterday and it was 38c left like hopping into an oven.
It even feels too hot to craft.
Here is another look at my card using one of our sponsor's images from the Arctic Fun Set by DigiStamp Boutique.


Sketch #127

It is an easy sketch and I got my inspiration from my husband shirt whilst I was ironing it.


Bio:
All images/designs are created and copyright owned by Sally-Ann Hancock.  My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too, often the inspiration for my designs.  Hope you enjoy my images as much as I enjoy creating them.


Our lucky winner this fortnight will receive 
Prize:   £10 voucher to

spend on DigiStamp Boutique online store.  


Don't forget to check out what the rest of the team over at 
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 created using 
DigiStamp Boutique images.

Challenges I'm Entering:

Card Recipe: 


1. Base: White French Linen 
2. Coloured Card: American Craft (CRICKET)
3. Design Paper: Rosies Studio Basic Colours


4. Image: From the Arctic Fun collection
5. Colour Medium: Copics

6. Tools Used.


7. Embossing Folder Used.
Cuttlebug Snowflakes.


8. Dies Used:
Spellbinders Classic Squares
Classic Circles
Scalloped Circles
My Favourite Things Stitched Squares

9. Embellishments:
Red flat back gems
Sentiment from the Arctic Fun Collection
Red Gingham ribbon from my stash.


10,  Inside and the back of the card.

Wishing you all a great week and happy crafting.


16 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Kathie, your card is gorgeous. Love that image and your layout. That sketch is terrific and funny to think where you got it from - thanks hubby. We went from having an unusually warm day from 60 to now today it was 25 and strong winds. On Friday, we are to have snow. Yesterday we had a lot of rain. So it has been COLD and the cats and I have been snugged in the last day. We are always at the opposites. - and I can't imagine a warm, beachy Christmas, hehe.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning. Lovely design and gorgeous colours used for our "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" challenge, sure suits our theme beautifully ...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Diane said...

Awww...super cute and fun and beautiful design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!! PS:....it is snowing here in Michigan right now and COLD!!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Joanna M. said...

Well had I just read your description of where you got your inspiration for the sketch ... I don't think that I would have messed it up! It DOES look like a shirt pocket! My poor hubby doesn't get freshly ironed shirts. I hate ironing. Fortunately he generally wears jeans and polo shirts ... the advantage of owning your own engineering company and letting his partner take care of the customers I suppose!

I LOVE the fresh look of your card. Lime green is my very favorite shade of green and this paper just draws your eye into your sweet Polar Bear image. This card is simply gorgeous.
~Jo

Kuni said...

What a wonderful and cute christmas card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Kathie, Your Christmas bear and penguin is so adorable. I always love the pintillation and need to use it more often. A perfect Christmas card! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hugs, Judi

Marlene Bonetti said...

Hello Kathie!
A super cute card! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge.
Hugs Marlene

Ginny said...

fabulous, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Chris said...

Love the cute image and the great card layout. Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Male Room. Merry Christmas!
Chris (DT)

anne said...

I love how clean this card is, it really showcases the image. It's a great sketch too.
Hugs Anne xx

Heide said...

Such an adorable card! Love the embossed snowflakes in the BG. Hugs, Heide

Unknown said...

Love the cute image , gorgeous colouring and the gingham bow is beautiful
Hugs Kaz xx

Amy said...

This Christmas card is absolutely darling! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids!

Martha Tucker said...

Absolutely Adorable! Martha 7 Kids DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a clean and very beautiful card, love the colours and your colouring. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at The Male Room - Faith DT

PS, my niece will be visiting NZ in the New Year, not sure she will cope with those temperatures driving around for a couple of weeks LOL.

Monika Skinner said...

Super cute image, beautifully coloured. Great card, Kathie! Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Challenge. Good Luck!