WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Agapanthus




Good morning and welcome to another wonderful windy morning in my part of New Zealand.
Today being the middle of the week mean it's Wednesday which can only mean we have another wonderful Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 challenge for you this week.

Firstly congratulations to our winner from last week and also to our top 3 cards great work everyone and it was lovely visiting all your blogs and catching up on what everyone has been doing and crafting.

This week we have another great sketch from our very own Sally Dude.  I love this sketch and as soon as I saw this wonderful image of Agapanthus Flower I just had to have it.

Apapanthus grow like weeds here in New Zealand and people can't give the plants ways, they drop their seeds and next minute another new plant has germinated and sprouting through the ground.  I know that in other parts of the world Agapanthus plants are really expensive selling for up to $30.00 for one plant and we can't even give them away here.  Our very long driving has them both sides as they have green foliage all year round and during the summer the have this amazing display of both mauve and also the white flowers which are perfect for filling up large spaces in your garden especially with the size of our garden.

agapanthus flowers                  

Sketch # 034

Here's my card for my husbands PA who's birthday is on Monday.  I think that the silver and white look perfect as I didn't want to take the colour away from the image.


Our sponsor this week is Laurie Wilson the owner and illustrator of
Doodle Pantry.

Doodle Pantry Bio:

Doodle Pantry takes pride in creating a diverse selection of doodling styles, like realistic or whimsical, and all of which are family and kid friendly illustrations.  We hope you enjoy our wide variety of styles for every family occasion!

Our badge is available on request if you don't already have it, let me know.

This week Laurie is offering our very lucky winner a

$10.00 
to spend on images of their choice.

I totally adore Doodle Pantry images and there's something for everyone to choose from, from her amazing online store.

Don't forget to drop by the rest of the design team and check out what they've created using Doodle Pantry images over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Challenge I'm entering:

Card Recipe:
 1. Base: White SU
2. Design Paper: Mauve from Fairy Tales by Kaisercraft
3. Design Papers: Silver Bella Wedding Flourish and Wedded
4. Image: Agapanthus by Doodle Pantry
5. Colour Medium: Copics

6. Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Fancy Labels one, pop dots, glue dots. 

7. Embellishments: Silver Ribbon, Silver Buckle and silver gems stones all from my stash.

 8. Inside My Card: PC generated.

9. The Back finishing touch.

Take care everyone wishing you all a wonderful week and happy crafting.




16 comments:

L.Wilson said...

Wow, Kathie, this is stunning! Your coloring is masterful! Oh you have brought this pretty flower to life, and your delicate details using the lacey edge die and sparkly ribbon are perfect touches. Thanks for creating with Doodle Pantry products for SSW2!

Sandra said...

Wow, gorgeous card Kathie!!
Beautiful coloring and great take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
Hugs,Sandra

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous image! Love the flower and the way you colored it! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

Mei
LTC DT
Creative Fingers DT 
Friday Sketch DT
Sami Stamps DT

Chris (catt871) said...

This is really cute!! I love the cute bow you made!! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create this week!
Hugs,
CHris - DT

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Kathie! I love the flowers ... need some of those here as I don't have a green thumb. It would add some amazing color to my pour landscaping. LOL!
Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Sally Dube said...

Oh my, simply gorgeous!! Such an elegant feel to your card - absolutely beautiful!!!
Love your pics too - oh to be surrounded by such beauty!
Blessings and hugs to you!!
Sally

Joanna M. said...

Your card is gorgeous as always Kathie! Love that flower image (and was happy to learn what it's name was ... it doesn't grow around here, can you tell?!!) Have a great week!

Joanna M. said...

Regarding your comment ... Flying is quite expensive with 4 of us. And yes, smart people would stop but my hubby is, um, "thrifty?!! So we won't stop, driving from 5:00 in the morning to arrive just in time for dinner. Just hope I don't fall asleep in my chili! {{laughing}}

Linda Anderson said...

Positively stunning Kathie! Love the purple and silver color scheme. I also enjoyed hearing your story about these beautiful flowers.

Linda

Heide said...

How lucky that you have this beautiful flower blooming all over. Your card is gorgeous. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs, Heide

mulberry station said...

what a gorgeous flower. I wish we had them here. We have what is called Mexican Primrose. They are like a poppy but are pink. I had some in my front yard area and now they have taken over the entire lawn that I have out in front. I love the bow with the flourish center. Your card is really elegant. Hope you are having a great weekend.
Hugs, Nancy

Janice said...

A beautiful flower and an amazing card. This is just so pretty & I love that silver bow too. Have a speedy week - how many sleeps now? Jx

Anonymous said...

The colours are so pretty and your paper choices are lovely.Beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x (GDT)

Suze said...

Lovely colour scheme Kathie. Thanks for joining the Stripes Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs and apologies for the late comment.

Alyx said...

So beautiful. Fab colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Sharon Noble said...

So lovely Fabulous work. thank you for joining us at the Papernest Challenge good luck. Hugs Sharon DT Member xxx