WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #178 Sponsor The Doodle Garden

Image: Muffin Mouse
Sponsor: The Doodle Garden


Good morning everyone, it's a lovely sunny spring morning here in New Zealand, the sun is shinning the birds are singing and it isn't raining.

My heart goes out to everyone on the East Coast of America that have been caught up in the storms, flooding and power blackouts.  I do hope all our followers are safe and well and you're all in my prayers.

Today is Wednesday and only 7 weeks to go until Christmas. Congratulations to our winner and top 3 cards great work ladies.

Wednesday morning so that means it's
 Sweet Sketch Wednesday and Arlana has a very new sketch it's something a little different to work with and they say a change is as good as a rest.  When I saw this sketch I couldn't wait to give it ago and it was great working with it, it's easy and pleasing on the eyes so please give it a go.

Sketch #178


  Here's my card using Muffin Mouse from The Doodle Garden



We have a new sponsor this week which is The Doodle Garden,
 thank you Jennifer for being our sponsor it's very much appreciated.


A little bit about our new sponsor:

BIO


HI all!
Thanks for taking the time to get to know a little bit about the gal behind The Doodle Garden digis!

I'm Jennifer L Nilsson (but please, call me Jenn or Jenna!). And I am blessed to be able to work full-time from home as a licensed artist.

I enjoy creating bright whimsical pieces for manufacturers, but also wanted to be able to offer something to those who like to craft. So I have begun my journey with digistamp designs with my Etsy shop: The Doodle Garden.  It's fairly new, but is growing pretty fast and I am SOOO enjoying creating these little whimsies for YOU!
 





This week our lucky winner will receive

 5 single digi's (sets not included)
 of winner’s choice from 
The Doodle Garden.

So check out Jennifer's shop here at




http://doodlegardendigis.blogspot.com/


Grab a coffee and sit on your computer and check out what the design team have created using Jennifer's images from
The Doodle Garden over at 
Sweet Sketch Wednesday these images were so much fun to work with.

Challenges I'm entering:


Card Ingredients:



1.Base: White SU
2. Coloured Card: Mauve, Purple & Apple Green Kaisercraft card.
3. Design Papers: Digi Download's from Sheryl K Designs Cupcakes.




4. Image: Muffin Mouse from The Doodle Garden
5. Colour Medium: Copics




6. Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Circle, Petite Scalloped Circle, Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Tacky Glue, Liquid Pearls, Glossy Accents, Mega Flower Punch and liquid pearls. 




7. Embellishments: Flower which I made using the same coloured Kaisercraft card and the Mega Flower Punch and Scalloped Circle Nestability.  Once punched I sprayed them with water and screwed them up into little balls and waited for them to dry, opened them up, layered them and glued all four layers together and put a pearl gem in the centre.  I thought it looked quite pretty and a perfect match to my papers.
 
Wishing everyone a wonderful week and happy crafting.
 
 


23 comments:

loz said...

Hello. Your card is Stunning. Visiting from MIM..Loz

Faye said...

Very Beautiful card and colours. Spotted this on MIM. Faye

mulberry station said...

What adorable cupcake paper along with my favorite color scheme. Your flower is gorgeous. I love your image and especially love the added little pearls around the frame. My daughter was in the red zone of Sandy. However, they didn't get hit as hard as they were told they would get hit. There were areas around them that did though. I was so blessed to be able to get ahead of the worst part of the storm when I left their house Monday morning. I had a two hour drive to the airport.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Nancy

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Kathie. Yes, we survived Sandy with a lot of wind and rain but no damage or power outage...thank goodness. Your card is precious! Love your image and those fun cupcakes on the three tabs. Gorgeous flower too.

Linda

Sandi said...

This is adorable!
Thank you for playing with us at TTCRD this week.
Huggs
Sandi

Penny said...

This is an adorable card--just love the colors, papers, design, embellies, and fabulous image & coloring! Love your wonderful flower, too! :^) Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Heide said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Love the sweet image and lovely flower.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Heide

Sally Dube said...

Oh Kathie - I love your card and I LOVE that flower! That's it!! I think I need to schedule a trip to New Zealand and make embellishments with you - how fun that would be!! I will definitely be trying one of your flowers soon - I do need a wedding card for Saturday... hmmm...
Only one problem with your card... all those cup cakes have left me hungry =)
Blessings to you Kathie!!
Sally

Joanna M. said...

Gorgeous Kathie. I absolutely adore the colors you used this week.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I saw it on Make it Monday.

Lisa Lynn said...

Another adorable card! I have to tell you, your mouse is cute...but this week with it turning cold here, I have had for the first time a "mouse problem" in the basement which is where my craft area is. I was working and looked up and thought, I didn't put any yarn by the phone and then the yarn moved and I realized what was going on (I tend to do a lot of my crafting late into the night so my response was a little delayed until I realized it was a mouse.) I then brought down my male cat which is usually not allowed in the basement and he was searching, but didn't find it. I have not trapped six and I don't find them cute!

Bonnie Irvine said...

This card is so cute. Love the cupcake theme and the gorgeous colours. Your handmade flower is beautiful. Thanks for explaining how you made it. Thanks, also, for joining our Photo Inspiration challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see more from you soon.

stampingtink said...

Kathie, thank you so much for visiting my blog from my card I did for SSW and for the congratulations on my new design team. Of course I'll be back next Wednesday with a project to join in on SSW! I love the sketches and your design team members are so inspiring and do such gorgeous work. The fact that they visit the entries is wonderful and makes me want to put forth more effort on my own design team. Inspiration and encouragement is always a good thing! I love the sketches you come up with and I know for me, it makes one card a week a lot easier! I struggle with layouts and love to have a road map to follow! Thanks again for your sweet, encouraging comments and see you next Wednesday!

Hugs,

Susan

Unknown said...

Hi Kathie - awww that is such a sweet image, beautifully coloured and I love the layout.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

NancyD said...

Oh this is such a cute cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges. NancyD

Anonymous said...

A totally adorable image and such pretty colours.The Liquid Pearls are expertly applied - I thought they were real!Your flower is just beautiful.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

xxxtglxxx said...

Kathie, this is really cute! :)

Love your papers, image and fab layout! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Unknown said...

really cute, thanks for joining Simply Create!!!

Sandy said...

Beautiful, lovely sweet image and love your fab handmade flower. Thanks for linking up with MIM this week
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs, Sandy

Carol said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week. Carol DT x

Jackie Randolph said...

Super cute Kathie!! Love your papers and pearls with this sweet image.. What a fab sketch this week, I just might have to play along!! Hugs sweetie! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge.
"hugs"
Jacki - LTC

Evelina Wikberg said...

Oh so cute and love the design. Stamp is too cute.Thanks for joining us over at CMM. Hugs Eva xx.

Sharon Basel said...

I absolutely adore this wonderful card! First of all the image is so darn sweet and your coloring of that mouse is spectacular - love how you use the two shades around his eyes and nose. I would have never thought of that and it just make this little mouse stand out. Love your perfect papers and the shades of purple. You can never have enough purple in my book! Gorgeous flower too.
Hugs,
Sharon :)