WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #175-69 Sponsor A Day For Daisies

 Sponsor: A Day For Daisies
Image: Lady Hat Bow
         
Good morning everyone and what a wonderful morning it is.  Spring is now here, all our spring flowers are out and my Wisteria over our ponds bridge is in full flower as you can see by my blog header.  I just adore Wisteria and I just wish that it was in flower for longer as you have to wait for so long for those wonderful flowers to appear.
This is the last week that the boys are at home and they're back to school on Sunday night, 3 weeks just flies by but it won't be long before they're on their summer vacation for 7 weeks as they finish school this year on 12th December.

It's Wednesday and it's another wonderful Wednesday because it's Sweet Sketch Wednesday and congratulations to our winner this week and our Top 3 cards wonderful work ladies and it was lovely to see so many of you using Saturated Canary images.  

This week Arlana has another blast from the past and we are reusing sketch # 69.

Sketch #175-69

Here is my card using Lady Hat Bow.  When I saw this image I just had to have it I felt that the image would be challenging to colour.   It's such a vintage image and I really wanted to get my colours right to that era. 


 Here is my blast from the past using the same 
Sketch #69.

This week are amazing Sponsor is Tammy the owner and artist of A Day For Daisies 
I just adore her images especially the Fashion Dresses and Vintage Hats.

A Little Bit About A Day For Daisies
A DAY FOR DAISIES provides themed categories of over 1000 fun and whimsical digital images, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!
Tammy is offering our very lucky winner this week the prize is

$12.00
Gift Certificate to
ADFD Shop


You can check out ADFD images here as there are just so many amazing images.

Direct Store Link: http://adayfordaisies.com/stamps Join The Club
Link: http://adayfordaisies.com/statement
Subscribe to News Letter Link:http://adayfordaisies.com/subscribe
Blog: http://adayfordaisies.blogspot.com
Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/adayfordaisies

Don't forget to check out what our amazing design team have created using these totally amazing images from 
A Day For Daisies 
over here at

Card Recipe:



1. Base: White SU
2. Card: Navy Blue Kaisercraft Card
3. Design Papers: Upstaurs Downstairs Called Mistress and Kaisercraft 6 1/2 Pad Magnolia Grove
4. Image: Lady Hat Bow from A Day For Daisies


 5. Colour Medium: Copics
6: Sentiment: Computer Generated using Times New Roman and I can't remember what other font I used for beautiful.  This is the first time I have ever printed a sentiment on the design paper and I'm really happy how it turned out.

7. Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Square and Lace Square nestabilities, glue dots, pop dots tacky glue.
8. Embellishments: Lace I coloured with my copic pens as it was white, the French Seam binding ribbon was also white which I coloured with my copics.  The centre pearl braid is from Kaisercraft from my stash and what VINTAGE HAT didn't have a HAT PIN which I made from beads from my stash.




Take care my friends wishing you all a wonderful week and happy crafting.

Hugs Always


23 comments:

Vicky said...

Wow a gorgeous card, so elegant, that image is lovely and the rich blue is very striking

hugs Vicky xxx

Sherryn said...

A Stunning Card. love it xx

Heide said...

Kathie,
What a stunning card. You can see all the texture in the bow and dress. Great coloring. Enjoy your last week with the boys. We are in full swing school mode. Next break is Thanksgiving. We will have a long 5 day weekend.
Hugs, Heide

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. I saw this on MIM and just had to pop over to have a closer look.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Kathie.. no its stunning! I love the colours and style of your card.. simply beautiful .. you chose the perfect sentiment :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

Rene said...

This is beautiful! I love these colors together! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
Good luck,
Rene ;D

mulberry station said...

Absolutely stunning kathie, Boy, do you have a way with vintage cards. I always ohhh and awww over them. This is really gorgeous. You asked me about being near to my Grandbaby....well. this one I am not. Which makes me really sad. But, I am going to visit pretty soon. I can't wait. Have a wonderful week. I hope you are doing well.
Hugs, Nancy

Suze said...

Hi Kathie, Thanks for your lovely comment on my SSW card. Yes, it is Wellington, NZ. He was down there for two events at the NZ Short Course Champs - made one final. Alot of swimmers from Puke are swimming at his club's meet this weekend. I wonder if your son is one of them? I see from this post that I have another sketch to work with - thinking cap needs to go on! Hugs, Suze

Suze said...

Hi Kathie, In answer to your question - Hamilton. Small world!

Angela said...

What delicious colours and colouring. Very elegant too.
Thanks for taking part in the CraftymessChallenge with us.
Ax

Sally Dube said...

Wow Kathie - Gorgeous coloring and I love your ribbon treatment and the hat pin - so beautiful!! Your header picture is wonderfull - is that your view?? Amazing!! Do enjoy this week with your boys!!
Blessings to you and your family - Sally

Joanna M. said...

Love the vintage colors. REALLY beautiful and I loved seeing your "blast from the past". Great job.

Lisa Lynn said...

Kathie - Your card is GORGEOUS! I love this image from ADFD and you did an excellent job coloring her. The lace and pin are beautiful and look wonderful with the vintage papers.

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Kathie, I love your vintage image and colours.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Pauline
x

melody said...

wowza kathie ~ that is one stunning card....so rich looking! those colors are just scrumptious! i love your colored image...and background! nice touch with the pin!

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie, gorgeous in pink love the image too, thanks for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge this time, huggles Pops x x

Jeannie said...

Simply beautiful is so true! This is pure vintage gorgeousness!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Karen C said...

Love your stick pin!! Thanks for joining us this week for Incy Wincy's Anything Goes challenge! Hope to see more of your goodness!
Hugs,
Karen C

Archana said...

Wonderful layout. Love the layers and beautiful image. Nice coloring and stickpin is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at sentimental sundays challenge this week.
hugs,
Archana

Linda Anderson said...

Wowza, this is one stunning card Kathie!! Colored so beautifully in my favorite blues! Love the stick pin and lace. What a wonderful vintage feel. Enjoy the spring weather.

Linda

lbwright22-loopylou said...

gorgeous card and wonderfully coloured image- love it!
Thanks for the comments on my blog, especially about the pumpkins this week. I think they have loads of the green and grey skinned ones in Italy where i was last week. Here in the Uk we can only get the orange ones and only for carving at Halloween. They sell Butternut squash in the shops but not anything else unless you go somewhere special and pay a lot for it. Wish I could get one to grow... might give it a go next summer. we don't have such good soil here though- not volcanic ash- just clay.

Anonymous said...

hey hey!! this is a very nice website here and I just wanted to comment & say that you've done a great job here! Very nice choice of colors & layout, very easy on the eyes.. Nicely done!…

Arlana 11426 said...

Such beautiful detail to your card Kathie. I love your colors and the vintage feel and all the lace. Sorry I am late. Playing catch up today on all of last weeks Dt. Fished all the players last week just in the nick of time. Hope you are doing well. Have a sweet day!!! HUGS Arlana