WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #174 Sponsor Saturated Canary

Sponsor: Saturated Canary
Image: Picnic


Good morning and welcome to 3rd October and only 83 days until Christmas oh where has 2012 gone too?

The boys and I are off to the
 'Museum Of Transport and Technology' today MOTAT for short.  I've been putting it off for the last couple of days because of the rain showers, today the sun is shinning and I have no excuse well I could be crafting?

I've just realised that I made the Top 5 picks over at 
Love To Create Challenge last week I'm so excited.

It's Wednesday and that mean it's Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  Congratulations to our winner and our Top 3 cards lovely work ladies.

This week Arlana has a lovely sketch which is really easy, it shows off your design papers perfectly and it looks great.

Sketch #174



Here's my card using Picnic isn't she a sweetie
I've been wanting to use her for sometime now but
just didn't have the right sketch to go with the image.

As you can see who our wonderful sponsor is this week it's 
Krista Smith the talented artist behind these amazing images at
Saturated Canary.

A Little Bit About Krista.

My name is Krista Smith. I am the artist behind the Etsy shop, Saturated Canary Digis. I began working in the stamping world about a year ago when I was hired to create rubber designs for the sweet Scottish company, Sugar Nellie. They launched my artwork under the name 'Simply Sassy.' I moved into the digital world just this past month (it's been a super busy month, indeed!). And-- I love it!! There is a little more freedom here, as I can create anything that pops into my head:)! I am so humbled by the artistic talent of the girls coloring in my designs-- it is truly an inspiration! Likewise, I am so thankful for the friendships I've made in this wonderful and lovely crafty community! It's been a true delight! I'd love for you to stop by my challenge/inspiration blog, Saturated Canary Challenge and join in the fun...And, while you're there, click over to my personal blog (Saturated Canary) and introduce yourself! I am a bit eclectic and touch on everything from family (I've got me a great one!) to fashion (obsessed!)...Please say 'hi!'...I'd love to be friends!:)


Krista is offering our very lucky winner 
2 Digital Images
from her online store.


http://www.saturatedcanary.blogspot.com/

http://www.saturatedcanarychallenge.blogspot.com/
If you haven't visited Krista before or you haven't used any of her wonderful images drop by her shop you won't be disappointed as there are just so many wonderful images to choose from and they are amazing to colour.  If  you have looked at Krista's images and haven't been back from a while it's worth a look as she's added new images all the time.

Don't forget to drop by the design team diva's here at
 Sweet Sketch Wednesday and check out what they've been up to this week creating with Krista Smith's images, as you'll see by our wonderful selection there are just so many to choose from and every card is just so different using the same sketch.

Challenges I'm entering:

Crafty Boots Challenge is Three 3 Roses
Love to Create Challenge #35 Thinking of You Hope a Happy Birthday counts.
Make It Monday Challenge # 109
Songbird Challenge #5 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Papertake Weekly's 5th Birthday
Digital Tuesday Challenge #180 Text Me
2 Sisters Challenge #111 Favourite Stamps
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #183 It's Your Birthday
Crafty Sentiments Happy Birthday
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #152 Lace & Ribbons

Card Ingredients:  

Here's Picnic don't you love that face? She's such a cutie.

1. Base: White SU
2. Coloured Card: Blush Red and Bahama Blue Bazzill.
3. Design Paper: From a book of Magnolia Papers
4. Image: Picnic from Saturated Canary.
5.Colour Medium: Copics.
6. Tools: Cuttlebug, glue dots, pop dots, tacky glue and another Bosskut flourish or scroll which I never really use.
7. Sentiment: Computer generated using Papyrus font.
8. Embellishments: Bosskut flourish or scroll, red pearls, lace, ribbon, red roses and buds from my stash.

Take care everyone wishing you a wonderful week and happy crafting.

Hugs

24 comments:

Laura Bradley said...

Beautiful card Kathie! Love your colouring, her hair is fab! Thanks for sharing with us at Songbird! Laura x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous image and card. I love SC. Lovely flowers and details too, thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxx

Sharon Basel said...

This is gorgeous Kathie! Your coloring on her face and hair is spectacular! Those are always the areas most challenging to me. Love her painted toenails and these wonderful colors together. A fabulous card for sure! Hope you enjoy your day with the boys at the museum. Have a terrific week!
Hugs,
Sharon

Heide said...

Just look how cute she is! Love her painted toes, makes me giggle. I would have to have at least two magnifying glasses to see those and paint them. Love that swirl too.
Hugs, Heide

mulberry station said...

Wow, Kathie, your card is gorgeous. You have colored her up perfectly. I love the colors and beautiful embellies too. Have a great week.
Hugs, Nancy

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. I saw this on MIM and just had to pop over to have a closer look.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Ribbon Girl said...

Very nice card Kathie - great colours! Thanks for joining in with Papertake Weekly, Mary G x

StephG said...

gorgeous card...your coloring is amazing! I love Krista's images. This digi is adorable. Thank you for playing at Stamptacular Sunday.

Joanna M. said...

You did a FANTASTIC job coloring her hair sweetie! Wowza. And the card is lovely too.

Linda Anderson said...

Shame on you for letting me know how many days until Christmas!!! hehehe!! Just teasing! Your card is stunning Kathie. I absolutely love your colors. Fabulous.

Linda

Dee's Craft Room said...

Beautiful card, I love how you have coloured it. Great layout.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

sue w. said...

This is fabulous. I love the image and the colouring is perfect, such wonderful detail. Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenges.
Hugs Sue W.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Birthday card Kathie, love the image and such gorgeous colouring...


Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments .

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and you are right that is the perfect digi for that sketch!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
z

Unknown said...

Wow this is stunning, love the image and fabulous colors. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xxx

Tamie said...

All of the details in your master piece is awesome. Love the image and the colors you chose.

It sure made my day spotting it over at MIM.

Tamie
#186

Suzanne said...

great colour combo and nice colouring thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week

Rachel said...

Loving this card Kathie...fab image and gorgeous colours! Hope you're having a good week, Wedgie xxx

Jeannie said...

The colors are just beautiful together and your coloring of this little sweetie are just terrific. Love her little red toenails too!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Andrea said...

what a pretty card I love your colouring especially her hair I saw it on MIMand hopped over for a closer look x

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW!!! A gorgeous card Kathie!! Your coloring is fab and love your papers with her!! Congrats on being a Top 5 last week and best of luck this week!! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create and a big hug for being such a loyal follower!

Sally Dube said...

Oh Kathie - what a gorgouse card. Love the papers and the embellishments are perfect!! Just wonderful!!
Blessings - Sally

Arlana 11426 said...

What sweet papers. Such a beautiful job on coloring. Love your image. Just a lovely card. Have a sweet day!!! HUGS Arlana

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable card!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!!