WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #163

    DigiStamp Boutique 
Poinsettia
July Freebie


Good morning everyone it's a beautiful winters morning here in New Zealand.  The rain has finely stopped as we had a whole weekend of rain and I really can't wait for a frost as I hate the rain as everything feels damp.  We're home from skiing and we had a wonderful few days on the mountain hopefully I'll post some photo's next week as I'm really running out of time this week.


Today is Wednesday which means it's another wonderful
 Sweet Sketch Wednesday 
and Arlana has another amazing sketch for you to play with.  Congratulations to our winner this week and our top three cards great work ladies.


Sketch #163



This week I've used our sponsors freebie for July which is this wonderful image of a Poinsettia.  I feel like I've cheated this week not colouring my image but paper pieced it instead.  This is the most perfect image for paper piecing.

Sally-Ann Hancock is Sweet Sketch Wednesday's monthly sponsor which we really appreciate and we really love working with her wonderful images.


About Sally-Ann

All images/designs are created and copyright owned by Sally-Ann Hancock. My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too - often the inspiration for my designs. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy creating.



Sally-Ann is offering our very lucky winner
 6 of her amazing Digi images
there are just so many to choose from you'll be spoilt for choice.  Each month Sally-Ann offers a free digi image for you to have a play with before you buy or add it to your image collection.  Don't forget to check out what Sally-Ann has in her shop here and also check out her blog.


Don't forget to check out Sweet Sketch Wednesday and see what the Design Team Diva's have created especially for you this week.

Challenges:


Card Ingredients:

1. Base: White SU
2. Card: Red Tomato and Green Kaisercard
3. Image: Poinsetta July Freebie from DigiStamp Boutique
4. Colour Medium: Copics
5. Paint: Yellow paint for centre of the flower.
6. Tools: Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Tacky Glue, Score Pal







7. Embellishments: Green Satin Ribbon and small Poinsetta flowers from my stash.

Unfortunately my photo's aren't as good this week and you can't see the diamond pattern I used on the white card with my Scor Pal. 

Take care everyone wishing you all a wonderful week crafting.

Hugs


10 comments:

mulberry station said...

Kathie, your card is gorgeous. I love how you layered the pieces of the flower. Until I read your post, I didn't realize you had paper peiced your image. What a perfect way to make it. Beautiful card. We are starting to cool off a bit now that the monsoons have started. It get so hot here. I shouldn't complain, at least I am not in Phoenix...It is always over 100 degrees there at this time of year. have a great week.
Hugs, Nancy

Heide said...

Kathie,
Super Christmas card. Love all the layering that you have done. Glad to hear that you had a great vacation. Have a super week.
Hugs, Heide

Simple and Sweet said...

Kathie,
Your card is gorgeous! I love the layered look to the poinsettia! So pretty! And your embellishments are so perfect! Glad to hear you had a great ski trip! I wish we had snow! It's been so hot here!
Erika

Linda Anderson said...

Absolutely stunning Kathie! You're right, a perfect image for paper piecing. And look at all those yummy layers!! Perfect.

Linda

Deanne Saunders said...

Love your card! Pretty poinsettias! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!
~DEANNE~

Wendy L said...

Lovely card, love the layout. Thanks for joining u s at Love to Create. xx
Love New Zealand too. xxxx

Jeannie said...

Your layered poinsettia is just beautiful and this is just a very lovely Holiday card!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love that image and your gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Sharon Basel said...

Wow all those layers are just terrific Kathie - makes for a stunning flower and focal point. A really great Christmas card!

Hugs,
Sharon :)

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a lovely christmas card, thanks for joining us at cards for men, dont forget to check our draw and good luck,
hugs sandra - design team,
p.s we are having a summer break but please be assured we will be back soon. xxx