WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Spring Flowers

 Spring Flowers
Sweetpeas

Hi everyone, just a quick posting today things to do and places to be so I thought I would post this birthday card I made for my Sister In Law for her 50th Birthday.  Isabelle is French and very elegant so I made a card that was fitting for Isabelle.  Sweet Peas are one of my very favourite flowers, as a child growing up my Dad would grow them every year on this same fence line for my mother, all different assorted colours and as you walked through that gateway there was this heavenly perfume and this wonderful colour display was just amazing.  We lived on a farm and this fence line was down one side of our home about 100 metres of Sweet Peas wow what a smell to me that's the smell of Spring Flowers which I'll never forget and our visitors always went home with a bunch of Sweet Peas and there was always a bunch for my teachers.


Card Ingredients:

Base: White SU
Card: Purple Kaiser Craft Card, White SU and Mauve Handmade Paper
Design Papers: Nil
Colour Medium: Copics
Sentiment: Computer generated
Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Classic Square, glue dots, glue gun, Divine Swirls embossing folder.

Embellishments: Ribbon and crystals all from my stash

Sweet Peas
coated for Crystal Effect to give a 3 D effect and a glossy finish.


Challenges I'm entering this card:


Wishing everyone a wonderful week crafting, it's now Autumn here in the Southern Hemisphere.

Hugs

7 comments:

Patti P. said...

Oh Kathie, this is elegant and I am sure she loved this so much. I too am a big fan of sweet peas and this is such a beautiful image. Wonderful card!!
We are having a early spring here in my state, things are greening and trees are getting their first buds. I love autumn but looking forward to our spring. Do you have lots of Fall color where you are? Hope you are doing well.
hugs...

Diane's Card Designs said...

Such a pretty elegant card. Love the clean lines and the image is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Such a pretty elegant card. Love the clean lines and the image is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Such a pretty elegant card. Love the clean lines and the image is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx

Nicola said...

Stunning card Kathie, I love the sweet pea image, perfect design and details!
Thanks for entering my Say it with Flowers challenge this week for Allsorts and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card,lovely colours and design and such a beautiful image....Thank you for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge,hope to see you next time....
Mandy x

Joynana said...

You are so right, this card is very elegant and I know your Sister-in-law is going to love it. I love your choice of colors and the flowers are lovely. Thanks for joining us for 2 Sisters spring colors challenge.