WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 20 April 2011

A Present from Connie Sweet Sketch Wednesday #98

A Present from Connie
A Present from Connie

Good morning followers, up until the past weekend we've had amazing weather it rained all Saturday and Sunday wasn't much better then on Monday is was windy and really really cold, cold enough to turn the electric blanket on our bed and today it was lovely warm and sunny again so what's happening in this world regarding Mr Weatherman.  We also had our first snow fall for the season down on the mountains so winter is just around the corner and a nice long  Easter weekend coming up.

Today is Wednesday and that means it's Sweet Sketch Wednesday
Sketch #98 we are counting down to sketch 100 in a couple of weeks a blog hop and to have more than 400 followers.

This week Arlana has another wonderful sketch for us this was really fun to work with but I always find that I either make my circles to BIG or to small.   I was really pleased with my cards I new what I was going to do as soon as I purchased the green paper with the white polka dots.

Sketch #98



This week the design team have been lucky enough to work with our regular sponsor Sally-Ann from her company

DigiStamp Boutique 

Sally-Ann is offering our lucky winner this week

6 Free Digital Images
of the winner choice.


Hop over to DigiStamp Boutique, you'll be overwhelmed with the array of images Sally-Ann has to offer and she has a freebie each month if you would like to try before you buy and at the beginning of each month DigiStamp Boutique have a NEW IMAGES RELEASED.

Some of the first Digi images I bought was from DigiStamp Boutique and I haven't looked back Sally-Ann is awesome to work with.
Thanks Sally-Ann for being our monthly sponsor and your continues support of Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Make some time for yourself and check out what the other ladies at
have designed for you this week their cards are amazing as usual and don't forget to leave them a comment they love it.

Don't forget that Sweet Sketch Wednesday are celebrating our
100th Sketch on 4th May 2011, so put it in you diary or Blackberry and make sure you visit us we're going to have a little celebration and hopefully be able to celebrate having over 400 followers as well.


Card Recipe #1
Don't you love this flower I bought,
I designed my card around the green polka dot paper and the flower and I had the perfect ribbon to match.

Both dresses and presents were paper pieced on both cards, I did find this quite funny as I'm so use to colouring my images and taking time.
Base: White SU card
Card Stock: Black and Green Bazzill
Design Papers: Green and White Polka Dot (can't remember designer)
Black and White Gingham small and large Digi Download a few years ago
Image: Connie with Present from DigiStamp Boutique
Colour Medium: Copics and Black embossing pen
Embellishments: Gems, Pearls, Black & White Lace, Black & White Gingham Ribbon from my stash and the flower it bought the same day as the paper and the centre is made from Black & White Gingham Ribbon.
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Oval large, Classic Scalloped Oval Large, Glue Dots, Pop Dots


Card Recipe #2

My First Handmade Flower to match my card

Base: White SU card
Card Stock: Black and Green Bazzill
Design Papers: Green and White Polka Dot (can't remember designer)

Black and White Gingham small and large Digi Download a few years ago

Image: Connie with Present from DigiStamp Boutique

Colour Medium: Copics and Black  & White embossing pens

Embellishments: Gems, Lace, Black Satin Ribbon,from my stash.
Flower: Is my first handmade rose that I've used on a card for the public to see.

Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Oval large, Classic Scalloped Oval Large, Glue Dots, Pop Dots


Thanks so much for all your lovely comments. Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter Weekend drive safely and not too many Easter Eggs.

Hugs

18 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Kathie - these are awesome! I love the colors! We are still having some chilly days - it was about 6C out yesterday. Though our crazy neighbour was cutting his grass and fertilizing yet we all still have big clumps of snow that need to melt on our lawns. His lawn will look the best, it always does LOL.

I have a link to my button/bow tutorial on my blog.

Deanne :)

Linda Anderson said...

I don't know where to start here Kathie! Your cards are FAB-U-LOUS! First of all, I love the colors and the paper piecing. And what an eye for details you have, from the lace and flowers (gorgeous handmade flower) to the beads on her bracelets. You are one clever lady!!!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Linda

mulberry station said...

Kathie, Arlana and I were ohhhing and awwwwing over your cards. They are sooo cute. I love the lime green and black together. Your paper piecing jsut makes your cards. I love, love, love those flowers. Beautiful work my friend. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter. Did you get my email?
Hugs, Nancy

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh Katie, these two cards are Fabulous!! Love, love your color combos and you once again rocked with your two versions with this cute image. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend with your family.

Arlana 11426 said...

Kathie I love that sweet image. The colors and papers you used are so fablous. You go girl with your sweet style. I think your cards just keep getting more fablous every time . Love these ones for sure. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana

Tinie said...

Oooh Kathie, your cards are very lovely!! Beautiful papers and I love the paper piercing!
Thanks for your nice comments on my cards and happy Easter for you and your family!
Groetjes Tinie

Jenny said...

Hi Kathie
Love both your cards and colour combos - gingham is my 'go to' patterned paper for lots of occasions.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog a few days ago. You can pass on a weather message to your husband from Ireland.... we are having 'unseasonal' beautiful sunny weather here at the moment and it would be fabulous weather to enjoy exploring his home county Wicklow.

Regards
Jenny

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous, beautiful colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Genevieve said...

Oh Kathie! Your cards are gorgeous, I really love the colour combo & the gingham is fab!!
Happy Easter to you & yours :)

Genevieve

Jeannie said...

Girl you knock my socks off again with these fantastic papers and colors! I love the paper piecing and all of the perfect embellishments - fantastic!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Céline said...

Hi Kathie
so wonderful cards, love the "opposition". just love the combo you choose!!!!!!!!! and the paper piecing gave a focus on your cards
love it!!
hugs
céline

Highland Monkey's said...

What striking cards. The colours are gorgeous.

Sandybeaches said...

WoW!! Love the colour combinations! Sending Easter wishes to you through blog world:) x

Sharon Basel said...

Oh my Kathy! Two absolutely wonderful cards and I love them both. What a terrific idea to show the two different looks that you can achieve with the same papers and image. I love your fantastic color combination - I love black and white gingham anyway but that lime polka dot paper is just terrific with it. The paper piecing and that handmade rose is wonderful too. And I'm crazy about how you used the rhinestones for the bracelet and necklace! Such clever cards. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Barb said...

These are DARLING Kathy!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Kathie, I absolutely adore both of these cards! Your lime green and black color combo is so striking! I love your paper piecing and the fun flower you made with your DP. Dots and checks are always a favorite of my too! Fabulous creations! Happy Easter! Judi

Nathalie said...

Hi Kathie,
yours cards are gorgous. I love your colour cobination and the paper piecing.
Hugs
Nathalie

Graphicat said...

I love how you've done the 2 cards Kathie! Those colours are gorgeous and great job with the paper peicing!
It is so tough when our friends move... I miss her so.
Hugs
Cheri