WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 29 December 2010

'A Little Christmas & Birthday Present Just For You Big Boy' Sweet Sketch Wednesday #82

"Happy 50th Birthday"

"Merry Christmas Big Boy"
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. I do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and didn't indulge too much???

By the time you read this posting I'll be spending some R&R and time with my family at our beach house for New Year, I do hope the weather picks up before New Years eve as it's a little windy at the moment.

This week we have another wonderful sketch from our very talented Arlana. I've made 2 cards because when I made my first card a few weeks ago it was a Christmas card which I love, I then realised that this posting would be after Christmas and it was far too late for another Christmas card, so instead I made my darling husband his 50th Birthday card which isn't until February. Well I'll be on time this birthday instead of making it the night before LOL.

This image is perfect for him, I always ask him what he wants for his birthday and his reply is nothing or just you my darling. So I couldn't see myself wrapped up in a large red bow but I think JJ looks pretty good.


Sketch #82
Our wonderful sponsor this week is Jodie from
Bugaboo Stamps
Jodie is offering the lucky winner
7 Digi Images to the value of $21.00
I wish I could enter as I just adore Jodie's images, so please visit Jodie at
http://www.bugaboostamps.com/
Jodie has so many amazing images you won't know which 7 to choose.



Now take a break from your busy week and have a look at what the rest of the Design Team over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday have come up with for you this week. All of their cards are just amazing.



Card Recipe:
Base: White SU base.
Papers: Black paper from Craft Creations.
Card: Red Bazzill.
Design Papers: Black Dots, from Pavlova Papers
Black, White and Grey paper from Pavlova Papers.
Image: JJ Wrapped Up from Bugaboo Stamps.
Colour Medium: Copic Markers, Black embossing gel pen, Glass Finish for her glasses.
Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Oval Classic, Oval Scalloped, Circle Classic and Circle Scalloped, Cuttlebug
Oliva Font for the #50, pop dots for mounting, chip board and glue.
Embellishments: Black Ribbon, Red Braid, Black with White glitter spot ribbon which I recycled from a gift I was given, gems from my stash.







50 Badge



This was made using Red and Black glitter board, Oliva font from Cuttlebug, I cut another 50 out of Chipboard which I mounted the glitter 50 onto and coloured the edges with a black copic marker and mounted it with pop dots.








Card Recipe:
Base: White SU card.
Card: Red Bazzill and White SU.
Design Paper: Merry Christmas unknown.
Image: JJ Wrapped Up by Bugaboo Stamps.
Colour Medium: Copics, Black gel embossing pen, glass finish for her glasses.
Tools: Cuttlebug, Snowflake embossing folder, Classic Oval, Classic Scalloped Oval, pop dots, Martha Stewart punch.
Embellishments: Silver Net Ribbon which was recycled from a gift and a fine green ribbon which I threaded through, wide green ribbon, red button, and gems from my stash.

Wishing everyone a wonderful 2011 oh where has that last decade gone???

Hugs

Kathie
xox

9 comments:

mulberry station said...

Both of your cards are darling Kathie. What a great Birthday card for your husband. I hope you and your family have a wonderful retreat at the beach house. I will be thinking of you as we are getting our first major snow storm of the year right now. I am trying to say warm and you are trying to cool off....Happy New Year!!
Hugs, Nancy

Sharon Basel said...

Fabulous cards Kathie! Love your hubby's B-day card and your sweet words about him - how adorable that you are his best present ever! I really love how you used the glass finish on her glasses and your coloring in both cards is perfect. Wishing you the happiest New Year!
Hugs,
Sharon

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Kathie! This image is so perfect for both cards. I love it as a Christmas card but it is adorable as a birthday card! Your hubby will love it! I love the Red, Black and White and the fun sparkly 50. I do hope you have a great time at the beach. Wish I could come along in your suitcase! You know I am a warm weather person. I was shocked when I woke up to snow this morning. Just glad it melted. It was beautiful though! Happy New Year!

Mary J said...

Two wonderful cards! I love the colour combos and that sketch is brilliant!

Rachel said...

Fab cards Kathie, I love them. Hope you have a wonderful time in your beach house...I'm pleased to report that its not so cold in the UK now!! Wishing you and your family a happy new year! Wedgie xxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Both are just perfect! I just love the card for your hubby - you do look perfect on the cover ;)

Michaels is the largest retail craft store in the world with stores in USA and Canada - it is where I do ALL my crafty shopping.

Do enjoy your beach house - it is -24C here right now, just right to ring in the New Year ;)

Deanne :)

Linda Anderson said...

These are two wonderful cards Kathie!!! Love all your embellishments! Enjoy your holiday time and have a most Happy New Year!

Linda

Stacy said...

Hee Hee , what fun cards! Both are so adorable! I love how they shine! I am sure your hubby is going to love it!
Happy New Year

Jeannie said...

Perfect job with both of these and your hubby will love his!

Much Peace & Luv to you in the New Year!

Jeannie