WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Sunday 15 November 2009

Stampin for the Weekend Challenge #24 Celebration


Celebration 40th Birthday and 50th Birthday's
This is the first time I have entred into Stampin for the Weekend Challenge.
Good morning everyone well it's Sunday morning here in New Zealand and I'm just getting over Saturday night, because for us it was one of those weekends. Sports all morning with my boys on the cricket field and that afternoon I had to race home and make a couple of cards that I should have done a week ago and left it to the last minute as you do LOL. We had a double whammy this weekend, my husband had clients, a husband and wife that were turning 50 and had a wonderful 50th birthday party then we had another with my nephew and partner were both turning 40 so we attended both and raced from one side of town to the other, we had to put an appearance into both.
Next weekend we have a 60th to go to, now I'm showing my age we don't get to go to 21st any more I wonder why???
I made two very simple cards I designed some time ago, I think they look nice and very appropriate for the occasions.
Here's my card Recipe
Base: White SU card stock
Design Paper: Nil
Trim card: Mauve, and Apple Green Bazzill
Images: Sweet peas from the wonderful Chris Dark from Sketching Stamper my favourite image of Chris's.
Colour Medium: Water colour pencils
Embellishments: White & Silver Satin Ribbon, Gems from my stash
Sentiment: PC generated font AdineKirnberg-Script and Copper Plate Gothic
Tools: Water Brush, Cuttlebug, Divine Swirls Embossing Folding my favourite, Spellbinders Nestabilities Square, and the Sweet peas were painted with Glass Coat to give a 3D affect
I do hope you like the cards and thanks for looking.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

6 comments:

crafty amy said...

Wow 2 cards! Sounds like you have another busy week ahead of you lol.
These are stunning cards I bet they love them. I like the embossing it adds such a great bit of texture to the cards.
Thanks for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Chris said...

Gorgeous cards Kathie, love your colouring and colour choices for these two special celebration cards, they're both very elegant. Sounds like you've had a really busy weekend and Saturday night, it's always the same I think, all or nothing. Hope you enjoyed the parties. Hugs, Chris x

Vicki said...

Two wonderful cards Kathie, lovely the crisp, fresh colouring schemes, the embossing looks so effective too. Thank you for playing along with this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck xx vicki xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

Hello NZ.
This is two great card. I love the look of elegance. Great work.
Thank`s for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-D

Kimmi said...

Two fabulous card. Love the flowers and the simplicity is just beautiful!

Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Good Luck.

Kimmi

Nancy said...

These two cards are absolutely stunning, Kathie:O) Love the flowers, and the elegant design.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)